Friday, August 25, 2006

Day 8 Arupt Ending

About 20 miles into the day’s ride I got a call from my wife about a series of storms that came through town packing high wind, rain, and baseball size hail. We suffered significant damage to our home and car so I decided to pull the plug on the ride and come home. I didn't feel right leaving her home alone to deal with this and take care of our kids.

Although the ride didn't end the way I wanted, we did cover over 500 miles in 3 states and raised a lot of money and awareness about the plight of these kids in need in Vietnam. We still have a lot of work to do so any help spreading the word is much appreciated.

I really appreciate all the support and good wishes from everyone. I specifically want to thank my sister for following me around in her car for a week and being my faithful sidekick. Since I wasn't able to complete my goal I was thinking about organizing a local one day ride near my home to complete the journey. If any of you are interested in helping me organize such an event or riding with me that would be great.

our backyard - filled with branches and hail